The catering sector should focus on taking advantage of the strong expansion of the Spanish market before venturing to venture outside its borders, according to the conclusions of the first F & B Lab of Cushman & Wakefield . At the height of the industry, the real estate consultancy launches this project of analysis and study of the " Food & Beverage " formed by 15 referents of the restoration organized in our country.
The F&B Lab was rised at a time of strong tourism growth. Our country rec tio 82.6 million foreign visitors last year, making it the second largest destination, and Spanish citizens themselves makes ro n More than 1 78 milliondomestic trips, according to INE. In a historic 2018 for the sector, domestic tourism spending in bars and restaurants jumped 27% and exceeded 8,300 million euros , above accommodation and transport .
The objective of the F & B Lab is to share trends, concerns and initiatives of a segment on the rise in recent years, through the generation and collection of opinions, data and relevant information by the different stakeholders related to it. Cushman & Wakefield has gathered the following experts for the project :
- Abraham Martínez, Commercial Director of Colonial
- Jordi Soriano, Director of Portfolio of Redevco
- Pedro García-Noblejas, Director of Business Development at Saffron Brand Consultants
- Juan López de Novales, Managing Director of Inversiones de Nazca Capital
- Laureano Turienzo, General Director of Retail Institute Spain and Latin America
- Rodrigo de Bergia Sada, Director of Asset Management at Mercado de San Miguel
- Marta Cladera de Codina, Director of Nuveen Global in the Iberian Peninsula
- Abraham Martín, Director of Marketing Iberia and Brazil of El Tenedor
- Fernando Nicolás, Cofounder and President of Grupo Larrumba
- Mercedes Moraleda, General Director of Grupo Lateral
- Ignacio Gali, Director of Patrimonio de Five Guys
- David del Barrio, Real Estate Director of Puerto Banús
- Fernando Tendero, Corporate Director of Expansion of Alsea Iberia
- Fernando Pina, General Manager of Retail Armory
- Jesús María Martínez, Board Member of Papa Johns
The first session of the F & B Lab,entitled "Spain as a national product and internationalization", analyzed the Spanish catering market. Experts stressed that "Spain has more restaurants, in proportion, than the US" and that there is "a high level of consumption outside the home". They also stressed that "practically all international restaurant chains have an untouchable gastronomic concept that does not change according to the countries" and highlighted the importance of "selling experiences and social relations to complement the gastronomic offer". "Everyone wants to come to Spain," they said.
On behalf of Cushman & Wakefield, the F&B Lab is composed of:
Ignacio Acha, Partner, Director of Retail High Street in Madrid, highlighted that "the F & B Lab was born with the aim of being an opinion and analysis prescriber of the F & B segment in Spain at a time of boom and transformation of the sector. We want to be a networking space aimed at restoration experts in their many facets: real estate, strategic consulting, brand development, gastronomy, financial environment and communication. "